As Gloucestershire Based Website Developers + SEO company with over 10 years experience building websites and optimising them we are ideally placed to provide SEO advice.
On-site SEO involves making sure that all of your websites’ pages, tags, titles, content and overall structure are optimised for your target keywords.
On-Site Optimisation is the process of making your website ‘appeal’ to both users and search engines, once you have a great website developed by a high specification company like Mushroom internet you can begin this process. The optimisation process improves the front end of your website, the public view, and the back-end, coding and technical side that only search engines can see.
A search engine will see a website a lot differently to how the public will see it. This is because a ‘human visitor’ sees how nicely you’ve designed your website, where as a search engine can't see that, it can only judge it from a technical perspective.
On-Site Optimisation is the basis where the off-site optimisation can build upon. Without the on-site process, the off-site procedure’s efforts can go to waste. The task can vary for different websites but some of the main factors that will form on on-site optimisation are:
- Add keywords to meta descriptions, Alt tags, header tags and URLs.
- Make sure each and every page has a distinctive and descriptive description and title.
- Improve the content on your website to ‘beat’ competitor websites
- Improve the readability
- Check for any broken links and fix them
- Claim authorship of content
- Add some social media sharing links/buttons
- Set up a Google Analytics account